Another Easy Way To Recieve Some Free Solar Energy Training.
If you really want to learn about solar energy, but you are either not ready to commit to spending some hard earned money on a course, degree or certification, then you may appreciate this link to a free document written by the US Solar Institute.
The title is bit misleading so not everyone may find it at first. It is called the SolarPowerWorld 2015 Renewable Energy Handbook, but if you look at the list of topics covered below, it is obviously a very good solar energy handbook. Reading this is an excelant way to recieve free solar energy training. All you have to do is download the handbook pdf from the link I found below and study,study … study.
I believe that there were several solar companies that sponsored the writting of this comprehensive handbook and since it is free, you will have to see some advertising from them. Look at it this way, here are some solar companies that you can job hunt with once you have your new found knowlodge of the solar energy industry.
Here are the topics in the Free Renewable Energy Handbook.
- Solar Basics
- Top Solar Projects
- Solar Silicon and Thin-Film Models
- Solar Hot Water Models
- Integrated Solar Panel Models
- Solar Inverter Models
- Solar Racking & Mounting Models
- Solar Generation Technologies(Concentrated, Thermal, Thin-Film, Polycrystalline, Monocrystalline)
- String Inverters
- Central Inverters
- Off-Grid Inverters
- Power Optimizers
- Racking & Mounting(Ground, Pole, Roof, Utility)
- Extruded Frames
- Electrical Components (Combiner Boxes, Encoders, Gearboxes, Pyranometers, Switchgear, Transformers)
- Motors & Drives
- Solar Charge Controllers
- System Components(Adhesives, Busbars, Cables, Clamps, Connectors, Tubing)
- Batteries & Storage
- Construction & Installation
- Engineering Services
- Operations & Maintenance
- Project Services (Consulting, Insurance, Legal)
USSI, offers solar courses that cost money as well. The have hands-on courses and internet based solar energy training courses, again not free but the 2015 handbook we highlight here, is free.
USSI’s diploma program is licensed by the Department of Education and is made up of these solar installation courses (with more elective choices to come!):
Hope this was helpful as another way yo recieve free solar energy training..