How Often Do You Find Free Solar Energy Training From A University Like MIT?
How many of us would love to attend MIT? I know that I would have loved to be able to afford to go to MIT when I was attending engineering school. Good news, MIT records many of their lectures over the years and makes them availale to anyone for free!
For anyone that really wants to have a career in solar energy, understanding how the sun provides energy to the earth is critical.Do you know where to go to calculate the amount of solar energy that is available at any location on earth? Do you know which free tools exist for solar energy desigers to customize their solar power installations?
In this lecture given by Proffessor Tonio Buonassisi from MIT, you will learn many important concepts and tools for a career in solar energy.
Here are the key things you will learn from this Free Solar Energy Training Course:
- Quantity available solar resource relative to human energy needs and other fuel sources.
- Recognize and plot air mass zero ( AMO ) and AM1.5 spectra, and describe their physical origins. Use AM convention to quantify path length through atmosphere.
- Describe how solar insolation maps are made and them to estimate local solar resource.
- List the causes of variation and intermittancy of solar resource and quantify their time constant and magnitude.
- Estimate land area needed to provide sufficient solar resource for a project ( house,car,village,country,world)
Here are links to 3 fantastic tools you can use for free:
An fantastic app: http://astro.unl.edu/naap/motion3/animations/sunmotions.html
Enjoy the course and please continue to work towards your career in solar energy. We pledge to keep providing free solar energy training for our readers.