For anyone living in the New York area that wishes to start an education in solar energy here is a free course to get started with. The focus of the course is Solar PV Permitting and Inspection Methods.
Here is the information on the course and a link to register.
This is an accredited course and it will provide in-depth training on the equipment commonly
found in PV systems, and on utilizing local electrical and building codes in the
permitting and inspection processes.
The training’s will center on developing permitting and inspection checklists, reviewing photos and schematics of
equipment installed correctly and incorrectly, and hands-on practice with PV
equipment during training sessions.
Some training may also include practice problems and discussion of solutions.
Continuing education credits are available:
- 6 in-service training hours from the New York Department of State, Division of Building Standards and Codes (DOS BSC)
- Topic 1 (Code Enforcement and Administration) – 5 hours
- Topic 2 (Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code) – 1 hour
- 3 contact hours/0.3 CEUs from Underwriters Laboratory
- 6 hours from NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)
If applicable, please bring your NY Training ID # with you to the event in order to sign in correctly for CEUs.
Please bring a copy of the NEC Handbook to course for reference purposes. Additional reference materials and resources available through the PV Trainers Network website (see link):
Monday, March 21, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT) – Add to Calendar
Electrical Training Center, Inc. – 65 Elm Street. Room H4. Copiague, NY 11726 – View Map
To register for this Free Solar Energy Training now click here